Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas, Now Get To The Plane


Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Outside Temp: 73 F
Wind: 5 kts
Swell: 2-3 ft

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was sti- ... oh wait that's me, packing what's left of my life into a large navy blue duffle till midnight on Christmas Eve -and then continuing again early Christmas morning. I've had that Run Run Rudolph song stuck in my head all day. By the time I get to the airport I'm going to look like one of the McCallisters from Home Alone tearing through the airport to get to my plane. Essentially this is in my head right now: 



It has occurred to me that packing everything you need for half of a year into one container is not easy. I am also regretfully aware that I am a chronic over-packer, and this time I have certainly out-done myself! You know you've reached a new level of over-packing if you are vacuum sealing your clothes to save on space. Two points if, after figuring out the vacuum bag life-hack, you laugh maniacally like a mad scientist while shouting "It's working! It's working!!" ... Anyways - On the plus side, I won't worry about my workout for the day, I will have more than enough heavy lifting just getting my bag from the airport shuttle to baggage drop off. I have to carry a duffle because its bad luck to have a suitcase on boats (you can't make up that kind of crazy). So from here on out, no wheels on my luggage all thanks to superstitious fishermen!


I feel like the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal applies to not only subatomic particles, but anything I'm attempting to pack at the moment. For example: I can know what I want to pack OR I can know where a particular item is but I can NEVER know where an item is that I want to pack.  

Fun Fact: The Heisenberg Principal states that it is not possible to simultaneously determine the position and momentum of a particle. Moreover, the better position is known, the less well the momentum is known (and vice versa). The principle is sometimes known as the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, and can be stated exactly as:





Ok, I have approximately five hours to have everything organized and together, so I'll just leave you with Science Cat and note that I wish I traveled like a photon. Oh and I almost forgot, Merry Christmas everyone! Next time I write it will be from Seattle for training!





No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?